The GRADE working group and the Cochrane Applicability and Recommendations Methods Group (ARMG) are setting up a series of webinars to answer questions about the GRADE approach.
The monthly webinars started in February 2013. All sessions will be recorded on Elluminate (tech support provided by the PAHO) and you will be able to watch them for free anytime, anywhere.
Speakers answering your questions will include Gordon Guyatt, Holger Schünemann, Paul Glasziou, Elie Akl, and Jan Brozek.
If you have any question about the GRADE system (no matter if you consider it basic or advance) you are welcome to send it to:
It is IMPORTANT that the subject of your mail be:
Question for GRADE and Cochrane ARMG webinar
Questions will be discussed by the speakers throughout the sessions. Once we have the questions we will announce the specific website so you can all watch the webinars.
Applying GRADE to Coverage Decisions Meeting
Sponsored by the Agency for Health Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the GRADE Working Group in conjunction with the University of Florida is hosting a workshop on applying the GRADE framework for moving from evidence to recommendations to moving from evidence to heath policy decisions about coverage.
This meeting brought together representatives of key stakeholder organizations from the United States as well as other countries with GRADE members to discuss a rational and transparent framework to make coverage decisions. This meeting was held at the Sheraton Sand Hotel in Clearwater, Florida and will take place on April 3 – 4, 2012.
Funding for this conference was made possible by grant number R13HS019894 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Chinese GRADE center has been set up in Lanzhou
GRADE working group established the Chinese GRADE center on September 24, 2011. Professor Holger Schünemann, co-Chair of GRADE working group and Professor Xiaodong, Vice president of Lanzhou University unveiled the plaque for Chinese GRADE center. Lanzhou University is one of the key universities under the Ministry of Education, China. As an international organization, the GRADE working group is being devoted to make the GRADE approach to be accepted and used as widely as possible. More than 60 institutions and organizations have endorsed or are using GRADE. In order to further promote the development and dissemination of GRADE system, the GRADE working group approved the establishment of GRADE centers at the 2010 GRADE Working Group meeting in Keystone, USA. The group approved the establishment of the Chinese GRADE center in 2011 GRADE Working Group meeting in Seoul, Korea, and Madrid, 2011. The Chinese GRADE center is the second GRADE center in the world, and the first GRADE center in Asia. The missions of Chinese GRADE center include 1) introduce and disseminate GRADE system in China; 2) hold GRADE workshops regularly, train Chinese guideline developers and systematic reviewers and 3) translate GRADE work and GRADE software into Chinese and promote the implementation of GRADE system.
DECIDE research project launched: Developing and Evaluating Communication Strategies to Support Informed Decisions and Practices Based on Evidence. DECIDE is a 5-year project (running from January 2011 to 2015) co-funded by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Programme. Project Objective "To improve the dissemination of evidence-based recommendations by building on the work of the GRADE Working Group to develop and evaluate methods that address the targeted dissemination of guidelines."
- July 2-4, 2014: Intro to Systematic Reviewing and GRADE: UK 3-day short course. Further info & booking.
- August 6 to 8, 2014: GRADE Workshop at the TEACH conference in New York City [flyer - pdf]
- 20 August 2014. GRADE and Guideline Development Pre Conference Workshop at the GIN 2014 Conference, Melbourne Australia. See http://www.gin2014.com.au/workshops.html#grade for more information and registration. Open to all.
- October 29 to 31st, 2014: The inaugural US GRADE Network workshop (at Bella Collina - Orlando, Florida). For more information please send email to email@example.com and [flyer - pdf].
- More courses will follow - please check back later or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior GRADE events
It is likely that similar events will be offered in future meetings (e.g., GRADE workshops have been offered on a recurring basis during Cochrane Colloquia, GIN events and AHRQ annual meetings).
- March 21 and 22, 2014: GRADE workshop in Freiburg, Germany (mainly in German - all presenters speak English). Introductary course and advanced workshop. If you are interested to attend, please visit the Germane Cochrane Center web pages or send an email to email@example.com to request more information.
- March 12, 2014: GRADE workshop in Utrecht, The Netherlands (in English). Please register via http://www.cbo.nl/scholing/graderen-wetenschappelijk-bewijs-en-aanbevelingen-met-grade ('Direct aanmelden').
- Sept 19 to Sept 23: GRADE workshops at the Cochrane Colloquium, Quebec City, Canada (see www.colloquium.cochrane.org)
- August 7 to 9, 2013: GRADE Workshop at the TEACH conference in New York City [flyer - pdf]
- April 17 adn November 20, 2013: Dutch GRADE workshops, organised by the Dutch Cochrane Centre and Dutch Institute for Healthcare Improvement CBO. For more information go to the Dutch Cochrane site or the CBO site.
- March 8 and 9, 2013: GRADE workshop in Freiburg, Germany (mainly in German - all presenters speak English). Introductary course and advanced workshop. If you are interested to attend, please visit the Germane Cochrane Center weg pages or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
- October 29-30, 2012: Lucerne, Cochrane Switzerland: Understanding, using and grading the evidence from diagnostic studies
- November 22, 2012: Registration is now open for the Dutch GRADE workshops, organised by the Dutch Cochrane Centre and Dutch Institute for Healthcare Improvement CBO. For more information go to the Dutch Cochrane site or the CBO site.
- August 22, 2012: GIN pre-conference GRADE course (in English), Berlin, Germany, BCC Berlin Congress Center
- August 7 to 10, 2012: GRADE Workshop at the TEACH conference in New York City [flyer - pdf]
- June 20-22, 2012: 7th Annual "Putting Evidence Into Pratice" workshop. Edmonton, Canada [flyer - pdf]
- April 26, 2012: Registration is now open for the Dutch GRADE workshops, organised by the Dutch Cochrane Centre and Dutch Institute for Healthcare Improvement CBO. For more information go to the Dutch Cochrane site or the CBO site.
- April 2, 2012 - Sheraton Sand Keys Resort in Clearwater, Florida, USA. Half day introductary workshop, 1 to 5 pm. Please send an email to Dr. P. Dahm for further information. The workshop is supported by AHRQ.
- March 23 and 24, 2012: GRADE workshop in Freiburg, Germany (mainly in German). Introductary course and advanced workshop. If you are interested to attend, please visit the Germane Cochrane Center weg pages or send an email to email@example.com to request more information.
- Cochrane Colloquium 18-22 October 2011: GRADE and Summary of Findings workshops. Attendance is free when registered for the Colloquium
Summary of findings table and assessment of quality of evidence (GRADE). Tuesday 18 October 2011 from 0900 to 1700. Pre-colloquium full day workshop. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Creating Summary of Findings Tables. Thursday 20 October 2011 from 1400 to 1530.
Using GRADEpro to create ‘Summary of findings’ tables. Friday 21 October 2011 from 1600 to 1730
Grading the quality of evidence and preparing ‘Summary of findings’ tables for diagnostic test accuracy review. Friday 21 October 2011 from 1600 to 1730
Using GRADE to assess the quality of evidence for public health systematic reviews. Saturday 22 October 2011 from 14:00 - 15:30
Summary of findings’ tables: Discussion of practical issues. Saturday 22 October 2011 from 14:00 - 15:30
- GRADE & Summary of Findings Workshop - Cape Town, South Africa. September 20 and 21, 2011
- August 10 to 12, 2011: GRADE Workshop at the TEACH conference in NYC
- Visiting Digestive Disease Week (DDW) this year? Consider attending "AN INTRODUCTION TO GRADE - THE FUTURE OF AGA GUIDELINES" - an introductory workshop. May 10, 2011. Chicago.
- April 8 and 9, 2011: GRADE workshop (basic and advanced track) in Freiburg, Germany (in German). If you are interested to attend, please visit the website of the German Cochrane Centre or send an email to email@example.com to request more information.
- September 28, 2010: Going to the AHRQ 2010 Annual Meeting? Consider listening in on our workshop "Assessing Evidence and Recommendations: Using GRADE Basics Versus the Full GRADE Framework" at 8 am.
- Summer 2010: There may be GRADE related sessions during the GIN conference in Chicago. Check their program for details.
- August 11 to 13, 2010: GRADE Workshop at the 2nd TEACH conference in NYC
- May 30, 2010: Evidence-Based Decision Making in Urology: Assessing the Quality of Evidence Using GRADE
- March 19 and 20, 2010: GRADE workshop in Freiburg, Germany (in German). If you are interested to attend, please visit http://www.cochrane.de/de/localevents.htm or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.